How to have some little more fun with your favorite Jam (Besides Spreading It on Bread).
Jam is traditionally known for being delicious and served on bread or scones. Jams come in many different shapes and forms such as jellies, marmalades, chutneys, fruit butters, fruit spreads and fruits.
Despite all the different variations of this delicious fruit confection, it is essentially always a type of fruit preserve that contains fruit and sugar that are combined with a gelling agent, such as honey or pectin. A jam will last for a long time and can be enjoyed in many more creative ways than simply spreading on bread better still what we like to refer to as #JamItUp.
Of course, jam is considered a perfect accompaniment to peanut butter, as many kids and adults alike will gladly testify to. But I suppose that we can only eat so many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before craving something a little different, and so here are a few other good uses for it and ways to make it more interesting when combined with some of your other favorite foods.
20 Exciting way to #JamItUp
- Make a jam smoothie: blend your favorite jam with milk, fresh fruit, and yoghurt.
- Serve marmalade & cream cheese on crackers.
- Use the jam as a glaze for pork or chicken; it can easily be added to BBQ sauce.
- Spread it between cake layers, for example a Carrot Cake
- A simple pancake topping
- Served up some jam with some sliced-up local fruit; simple, but delicious.
- Serve a blob of jam in a bowl of oatmeal for a comforting snack; a great food to eat before bed.
- Swirl in some strawberry jam to rice pudding.
- Buy plain yogurt and add jam for flavoring according to your taste.
- Stir jam into icing for a different and yummy cake topping.
- Fill doughnuts!
- Make jam-filled butter cookies.
- Get the kids to help in the kitchen – mix jam into the pancake batter, you can’t go wrong!
- For a flavorful protein shake, blend jam, milk and protein powder.
- Use a jelly-type version to sweeten tea instead of sugar or honey.
- Mix with oil, vinegar and spices for a sweet salad dressing.
- Use jam instead of sugar for making chewy and fruity cookies.
- Drizzle warmed-up jam over really hot and spicy chicken wings.
- Spoon marmalade over chicken breasts before baking: a really simple glaze.
- Make Queen of Puddings, which uses up leftover bread, with jam and eggs.
We got some of this amazing Jam It up ideas running on our social media platform with recipe videos and try outs coming up to. So what are you waiting for, join the #JamItUp Campaign on Facebook & Instagram let’s have some Jam fun.